All KLSE Investing Essentials in One App: Technical, Fundamental and Sentimental Analysis Combined!

Monthly Archives: January 2021

Local investors outdo foreign counterparts | Business

Amid market uncertainties, local investors still outpaced foreign counterparts, ending the first month of the year with the highest monthly local investor participation in a decade. The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) over the weekend said local investments accounted for 75.3 percent of value turnover in January, while the remaining 24.7 percent of transaction value was […]

Read More

Philippine economy seen shrinking anew in Q1

Lawrence Agcaoili (The Philippine Star) – February 1, 2021 – 12:00am MANILA, Philippines — The economy may contract anew in the first quarter, further extending the pandemic-induced recession, according to economists. Bank of the Philippine Islands chief economist Jun Neri said the country’s gross domestic product (GDP) may contract mildly in the first quarter. “It […]

Read More

Trump names lawyers to lead his impeachment defense team

WASHINGTON: Former US President Donald Trump’s office on Sunday (Jan 31) said trial lawyers David Schoen and Bruce L Castor will lead Trump’s legal team during his Senate impeachment trial. The announcement follows news that Trump had abruptly parted ways on Saturday with the two lead lawyers working on the team. Advertisement Advertisement Source link

Read More

Malaysia to benefit from recovery in China and US

Post Image

Malaysia’s trade is expected to benefit from the strong recovery in its main trading partners China and the US. — Bernama photo KUCHING: Malaysia will benefit from the strong recovery in its main trading partners China and the US, analysts opine, as others also project that the country’s exports will remain resilient in the next […]

Read More

Covid-19 outbreak forces closure of EPF Shah Alam branch – New Straits Times

Covid-19 outbreak forces closure of EPF Shah Alam branch  New Straits Times Source link

Read More

Panasonic to end solar panel production in Malaysia

TOKYO: Japan’s Panasonic Corp will cease production of its own solar panels, national broadcaster NHK and the Nikkei newspaper said on Sunday, citing increasing price competition from Chinese manufacturers. The Nikkei reported that the company will end manufacturing of solar cells and panels at factories in Malaysia and Japan’s Shimane prefecture in the business year […]

Read More

Chevron and Exxon discussed merger last year after Covid pandemic devastated oil prices, reports say

A vehicle passes an Exxon Mobil Corp. gas station in Arlington, Virginia, U.S., on Wednesday, April 29, 2020. Andrew Harrer | Bloomberg | Getty Images The CEOs of Chevron and ExxonMobil last year discussed the possibility of merging the two companies, The Wall Street Journal reported Sunday, citing unnamed people familiar with the talks. The […]

Read More

Mobility curbs, Covid risks hold back PHL’s outlook

THE Philippines is only expected to register a “partial recovery” this year, as continued movement restrictions limit the potential of a domestic consumption-dependent economy to fully recover, an international think tank said. In a recent research note, Fitch Solutions—the research arm of the Fitch Group—said that since the country’s growth is heavily reliant on consumer […]

Read More

GameStop and AMC’s Stocks Are on a Tear, but Their Businesses Aren’t

GameStop is trying to survive a yearslong erosion of its business, which has relied for nearly four decades on people visiting its bricks-and-mortar stores to buy the latest videogames and consoles, as well as to trade in and purchase used games and gear. The company has been stung by mounting competition from retail giants such […]

Read More

T-bill and bond rates may move sideways on cautious sentiment

Post Image

RATES ON government securities may move sideways this week as investors are becoming more cautious amid uncertain recovery prospects. — BW FILE PHOTO RATES OF government securities on offer this week will likely move sideways or end mixed, with investors becoming increasingly cautious towards long-term debt despite strong liquidity in the market. The Bureau of […]

Read More